You can download the presentation of our January 2018 update here: EI1588 Barrier Technology Update – Jan 2018
Below is a demonstration of Parker Velcon’s new CDFX Barrier Coalescer. Flow direction is outside-in and this is a single stage water and particulate filter suitable for Type SM, Category C or M Jet Fuels. This element is designed to be compliant to the new EI 1588 specification which is currently still in draft.
The video demonstrates water after it has coalesced on the surface of the element (and only allowing jet fuel to pass through). Once when flow stops, the water …
Within the last quarter, Haneflex has upgraded to the latest quality management system and obtained the ISO 9001:2015 certification.
We have also upgraded our safety management system to not only obtain the Bizsafe Star certification, but we have also obtained the OHSAS 18001:2007 certification as well.
Haneflex firmly believes in our commitment to provide professional and quality service without compromise on safety.
Haneflex is saddened to learn of the passing of Mr. Howard Gammon, Chairman of Gammon Technical Products on 6 January 2018. Howard passed away peacefully in his sleep, at home in his own bed at the age of 95 years and 10 days.
Howard has been a dear friend to the Ngiam family and to the staff of Haneflex. He is also a legend in the Aviation Fueling Industry and authored many of the popular GamGram articles that is well read within the industry.
Our deepest condolences goes up to the Gammon Family as well as the staff of Gammon …
- Velcon P/N CDF-2XXP: Our current qualified 2-inch fuel filter monitor has been grandfathered into the El 7th edition based on the test results recorded during the 6th edition testing. We have updated our literature to reflect t his change.
- Velcon P/N AC0 -6XX01P: We are currently working to upgrade our 6-inch out-to-in fuel filter monitor (ACO) to the 7th edition standards, and we believe this
JIG issued Bulletin No. 105 regarding Filter Monitors on 11 Dec 2017. Please note that users of Filter Monitors are required to take certain immediate actions, which includes :
- Replacement of Filter Monitors operating at a Differential Pressure (DP) of greater than 15 psi (1.0 bar), at max achievable flow
- Limit of the operational DP for all filter monitors to max 15 psi (1.0 bar), at maximum achievable flow. This includes resetting DP switch levels to trigger at 15psi.
- Introduction of a new protocol for inspection and cleaning hose-end strainers, as part of commissioning of new filter monitors on fuelling
On the 3rd of November 2017, the Energy Institute issued EI 1583 7th edition, which supersedes all earlier EI 1583 editions, with immediate effect. You may download the JIG Bulletin on this subject here.
Please note that Parker Velcon’s CDF “P” Series (eg. CDF-230P) complies with the new EI 1583 7th edition requirements and end-users may continue to use these 2″ elements.
JIG recently issued Bulletin 104 with regards to EI 1584 4th edition.
For current users of EI 1584 3rd edition hydrant couplers and pit valves, there are no changes required as 3rd edition equipment are recognised to meet with the qualification requirements of the 4th edition. Please see below extract from the 4th edition on the updates in the latest edition.
Haneflex has been appointed by ECHA Microbiology to distribute their products in S.E. Asia (less Vietnam) for all Aviation Fuel Supply customers.
ECHA Microbiology has been helping organisations to solve their microbiological contamination and corrosion problems for more than 30 years.
By helping our customers understand and avoid the consequences and costs of microbiological contamination, we increase their safety, efficiency and predictability.
ECHA Microbiology produces one of the world’s most trusted and widely-used microbiological test kits for fuels and are trusted by many of the world’s leading producers and users of fuel, and have deep expertise in the air, sea …